Camp Airy's 450 acres are located in Thurmont, MD, just down the road from our sister camp, Camp Louise. We are ideally situated near state and national parks as well as historic sites, including Gettysburg, Frederick, Hagerstown, Antietam, Harpers Ferry, and Emmitsburg.
Our facilities take advantage of the natural beauty of the area and are designed to enhance the adventures our campers experience every summer.
A 24-hour-a-day, on-site security team, as well as our on-site maintenance staff, work hard to ensure the safety and security of our campers, staff, and facilities at all times.
Camp Airy's on-site Health Center provides 24-hour coverage by licensed medical personell. At all times, there are two physicians and five registered nurses living at camp. Our medical team handles routine first-aid and medical needs, administers medications, and monitors ill campers overnight in our climate controlled Health Center. We also team with the local hospitals near camp in the event of an emergency. Maintaining communications with families of campers in the event of emergencies and overnight stays in the Health Center is a priority for our medical staff.
- Indoor/Outdoor Gym — complete with basketball courts and a huge wrestling room
- Weight Training/Conditioning Center- with free weights, universal system and cardio equipment
- Swimming Pool — all 300,000 gallons of it!
- Archery Range
- Athletic Fields — baseball, softball, football, soccer, lacrosse
- Beach Volleyball Courts
- Tennis Courts — with lighting
- Street Hockey Rink
- Table Sports Facility — table tennis, foosball, and air hockey tables galore!
- Arts and Crafts Centers
- Go-Kart Tracks
- Outdoor Theater — with seating for 600 with full lighting and sound tech booth, stage craft area, dressing rooms and orchestra pavilion
- Multimedia Studio — with fully-equipped video production facility
- Music Pavilion
- High and Low Ropes and Initiatives Course — complete with climbing wall, 300' zip line, rope/cable bridges, "Pamper Pole," "Giant Swing," "Dangle Duo" elements
- Scissor Tower III — our most incredible 50' climbing tower
- Air Conditioned Dining Hall — comfortably serves over 550 staff and campers at each meal
- Tent Campsites and Campfire Circles
- New Camper Cabins — with ceiling fans and ajacent shower facilities
- "The Airy Fun Park" — water tag, batting cages, mini golf, and remote control cars