Cookie Dough Crispy Treats
Sep 23, 2014
- FOR COOKIE DOUGH
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- FOR CRISPY TREATS
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces marshmallows (about 44 regular or 2 cups mini)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and milk. Mix in flour and salt and beat on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted. Remove from head and add vanilla. Fold in cereal, gently stirring until completely coated.
- Press half of the cereal mixture into prepared pan. Spread with cookie dough and then top with remaining cereal, carefully pressing into an even layer. (You may find it easier to use your hands for this step; if so, generously butter them beforehand so the cereal mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers.) Cut into squares. Treats can be stored, loosely covered in the refrigerator, up to 3 days but are best enjoyed within a day of making them.
Adapted from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook by Lindsay Landis