We want to assure our camp families that when we plan for the summer for your camper, we are doing all we can to serve your family. An important part of our planning is to ensure that camp remains a safe, secure environment for your child.
Camps Airy & Louise work with state and local authorities to maintain the safety of our campers and staff throughout the summer. We share this note in response to some calls from camp families, noting and acknowledging their concerns regarding the world around us. Camps Airy & Louise have 24-hour on-site security coverage throughout the summer season.
Complete and effective communication with parents regarding every child’s health is paramount during camp. The Health Center Staff will contact a parent:
- Whenever their child is admitted to the Health Center for an overnight stay
- Whenever their child receives a concussion
- Whenever their child needs off-site medical care
- Whenever their child begins taking antibiotics or steroids
- Whenever their child has an adverse reaction to any medication or treatment
- At the discretion of the Health Center Staff for any other reason