Fruity Pebbles Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. (Use electric mixer, if possible). Add the egg and vanilla, and beat well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until blended. Stir in the Fruity Pebbles (or other cereal).
- Drop rounded-tablespoon mounds of dough on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart (they will spread!). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden. Remove the oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool.
Adapted from Crazy About Cookies