Screen-Free Technology Policy
The only electronics allowed will be screen-less music players (e.g. iPod shuffles, mp3 players, CD players) and digital cameras. All other music players, eBook readers, portable game devices, and video players are prohibited.
The intention of our technology policy is to:
- Allow campers to fully embrace the connections they make with other campers and promote socialization between campers
- Provide campers a break from the world of technology
- Reduce the stress associated with the damage to and theft of electronics
- Ensure that our campers are not exposed to age-inappropriate material
- Remove the divide between “the haves and the have-nots” in each bunk
Music is a strong part of life at Airy & Louise. We will be providing each cabin with an mp3 speaker/dock so all campers in each bunk can enjoy music as a bunk. Consistent with the policy stated above, no music players with screens will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: iPod Touch, iPod Classic, iPhone (with SIM card removed), Microsoft Zune.
Our staff photographers capture literally thousands of images each summer for our digital albums and we encourage your child to bring a camera to capture their own memories (be sure to pack enough memory cards and batteries).
Our staff has been trained in dozens of small group games and is always on hand during rest-time to engage with campers. We also have an array of board games available for bunks to use during bunk time and at nighttime. These “golden hours” are fantastic opportunities for campers to socialize, interact with one another, and build community within the bunk. We also encourage our campers to use this time to write letters home!
Campers are not permitted to have a cell phone at camp.
Leave them at home. No iPads, Kindles, Nooks, Netbooks, portable DVD players, etc. will be allowed at camp.
Download the printable version of the new policy.