On average, American children spend more than 7.5 hours each day using an electronic device, and the increase of built-in wireless technology has made it increasingly difficult for Airy & Louise to find a line permitting some electronics instead of others. Camp is one of the few places throughout the year where kids can truly unplug, and we have made the decision to both honor and recognize this space, in addition to embracing direct parent feedback.
The intention of our technology policy is to:
- Allow campers to fully embrace the connections they make with other campers and promote socialization between campers
- Provide campers a break from the world of technology
- Reduce the stress associated with the damage to and theft of electronics
- Ensure that our campers are not exposed to age-inappropriate material
- Remove the divide between “the haves and the have-nots” in each bunk