Director’s Blog – July 27, 2018
MIDDAH OF THE WEEK – COURAGE/OMETZ LEV
As we begin our second long session of the summer, we introduced Middah Girl. As a refresher, Middah Girl is our superhero who emulates the middot/values that we talk about, teach and value here at Camp Louise. More on Middah Girl from my June 29th blog – https://www.airylouise.org/newsfeed/directors-blog-january-29-2018/
Here, you can see the middot we have focused on each week at camp:
Our new middah of the week was courage. We often ask:
What would Middah Girl do?
Well, this group of campers can certainly tell you. They were nominated to light candles on Shabbat by demonstrating courage:
- Always trying to help friends in her bunk who may be sad
- Not being afraid to reach out to new people and always having a smile on her face
- Trying any activity
- Doing anything she can to help her friends have a great summer
- Trying out for the musical
- Always reaching out to new people in the bunk
- Making sure everyone is included
- Never being afraid to talk to someone new or bring new people into her friend group
- Never giving up even when confronted with some challenging tasks during her lifeguarding class
I continue to be incredibly proud of our campers and all of the middot they demonstrate every day!
Izabella – Bunk 35
Mark – Cook
Michal – Kitchen Staff
Today’s Menu[table “” not found /]
High: 87°F | Low: 66°F
A nice day with an afternoon storm which cooled things down. We had a perfectly lovely evening – all outside!