We hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! Check out below for some great updates from camp – and one update needed from each family as well!
Please login to your CampInTouch account (via the link at the top of airylouise.org) and navigate to Forms. For each of your children, please complete the Form titled “Camper Fall Update 2015.” This is your chance to verify the school your camper is attending, synagogue affiliation, as well as respond to a few quick questions. Our goal is to have all families complete the Fall Update before December 11.
Camps Airy and Louise Blog
In our latest Blog entry, some of our Administrative staff have written some things they are thankful for – check it out! Blog entries are added regularly and found on our homepage – scroll down just past the main picture – to view the latest News and Blogs for Camps Airy and Louise.[/ezcol_1half]
Videos and Virtual Tours
Have you seen our new promotional videos and virtual tour (just released last week!)?
Click here to see the promotional videos.
Click here for the Camp Airy Virtual Tour
Click here for the Camp Louise Virtual Tour.
Save the Date(s)!
Please save the date for the below events. More information will be sent as the dates get closer – but we want to get these dates on your calendars!
|Monday, December 21 @ 7:30 PM||Camp Airy Fantasy Football Fiesta at Bill Bateman’s in Reisterstown, MD.||Participants of the Camp Airy Fantasy Football Tournament and friends!|
|Monday, January 18 from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||Camps Airy and Louise Mid Winter Get Together at Michael and Sons Sportsplex in Rockville, MD. Bus transportation will be available from Owings Mills and Ellicott City.||All registered campers for 2016. More information will be sent soon!|
|Saturday, January 30, Time TBD||Camps Airy and Louise Richmond Reunion – Details TBD||Richmond Area Families|
|Friday, March 4||Camps Airy and Louise Family Shabbat Program. Enjoy Shabbat Dinner and fun with your Camp community!||All Camp Families|
|May (exact dates TBD)||New Parent Orientation at Owings Mills and Rockville JCCs||Parents of new campers|
|Sunday, June 5||Open House at Camps Airy and Louise||New and Prospective Families|
Social Media Update
Have you liked our Facebook page? Be sure to follow us for regular updates, old photos, and other social media fun features and videos, including the just completed “Name the Scarecrow” contest, won by Josie S. We can also be found on Twitter (@camp_airy and @camp_louise), Instagram (@camp_airy and @camp_louise), as well as our Vimeo sites (Camp Airy and Camp Louise)
Thank you to many of our families for completing this past summer’s Camper Satisfaction Survey. This year’s survey was administered to over 8400 families across 71 Jewish camps, with Camps Airy and Louise having one of the highest response rates. We are happy to report that Camps Airy and Louise had extremely high scores when compared against the National Averages. Feedback is always welcome – both constructive feedback as well as kudos. We welcome your input as we continue to grow. Every comment is read and modifications for upcoming summers will be made based on the feedback. In fact, your feedback is welcomed at all times – not just during a survey! Winners of the survey raffle prizes will be contacted this week.
Two of our favorite responses were:
“Thank you for an amazing experience!! This is the best gift we could have given our daughter. Camp Louise encourages individuality and confidence. It gives girls the opportunity to shine in different areas.”
“My kids would give up anything and everything to go to camp. If they had to choose between a vacation or any other thing, vs. going to camp, they would choose Camp Airy. It’s hard to pinpoint the one thing that causes that to happen.”
Camps Airy and Louise in your area
Do you have friends interested in Camps Airy and Louise? See below for locations where we will be (contact us for specifics if desired) – or have them call us to talk camp anytime!
– Sunday, December 6 – Run-a-Latke Race in Richmond, VA
– Sunday, December 6 @ 3PM – Parlor Party for prospective campers at the home of Dayna Koshar in Frederick, MD
– Monday, December 7 @ 6PM – Howard County Community Hanukkah Event @ Players Bar & Grill in Woodstock, MD.
– Sunday, December 13 – Maccabeats Concert at the Gordon Center Owings Mills JCC
– Sunday, December 13 – Beth Ahabah Chanukah Event in Richmond, VA
– Sunday, December 20 – Mama Doni in Concert @ Jewish Federation of Howard County
– Sunday, December 20 – Visiting Temple Sinai in Washington, DC
– Sunday, December 20 – Visiting Temple Beth Israel in York, PA
– Sunday, January 10 – Visiting Temple Beth Or in Raleigh, NC
– Sunday, January 10 @ 3PM – Parlor Party for prospective campers at the home of Amy Singer in East Windsor, NJ
– Sunday, January 24 @ 3PM – Parlor Party for prospective campers at the home of Amy Nadell in Philadelphia, PA
– Sunday, January 24 – Sheldon Low Concert at the Gordon Center, Owings Mills JCC
– Sunday, January 31 – Richmond Parlor Party, Details TBD
– Friday, February 12 – Beth Chaim Camp Shabbat in West Chester, PA
– Saturday, March 19 @ 3PM – Parlor Party for prospective campers at the home of Ami Rabinowitz in Parkland, FL
As always, please reach us in the office at email@example.com or via phone – 410-466-9010 if you have any questions or need assistance. We hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!